Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Hosting Agreement with www.nodejunction.com. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document www.nodejunction.com may suspend or terminate your account.
www.nodejunction.com's Acceptable Use Policy (the "Policy") for www.nodejunction.com Services is designed to help protect www.nodejunction.com, www.nodejunction.com's customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by www.nodejunction.com. www.nodejunction.com reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time, effective upon posting at http://www.nodejunction.com/Acceptable-Use-Policy.html.
Prohibited Uses of www.nodejunction.com Systems and Services:
1. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
2. Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email ("UBE", "spam"). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through www.nodejunction.com's servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertising a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on www.nodejunction.com's servers, is prohibited. www.nodejunction.com accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
3. Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by www.nodejunction.com customers must be Closed-loop ("Confirmed Opt-in"). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any www.nodejunction.com-hosted domain, or referencing any www.nodejunction.com account, is prohibited.
5. Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., "cracking").
6. Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
7. Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any www.nodejunction.com customers or end-users by any means or device.
8. Knowingly engaging in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the www.nodejunction.com network or on another provider's network.
9. Using www.nodejunction.com's Services to interfere with the use of the www.nodejunction.com network by other customers or authorized users.
a. At Node Junction, we welcome all our users to host their private, public or corporate IRC Networks by not violating any of our policies. But we impose our users to contact us and seek our approval before setting up an IRC network in any of the VPS servers.
b. Use of IRC plug-ins, scripts, add-ons, clones or other software designed to disrupt or deny service to other users is prohibited. Harassing or abusive IRC activity is expressly prohibited under the AUP, including (i) disruption or denial of service or (ii) the use or joining of "botnets" or the use of proxy and redirection software.
c. If user's IRC servers are frequently compromised or attract denial of service or distributed denial of service attacks that disrupt or denies service to other Customers or users, Node Junction has the right and it may null-route, filter, suspend, or terminate that user's service without intimating the user.
Customer Responsibility for Customer's Users:
Each www.nodejunction.com customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from www.nodejunction.com, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy.
Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of ww.nodejunction.com customer will be forwarded to the www.nodejunction.com administrators for action. If violations of the www.nodejunction.com Acceptable Use Policy occur, www.nodejunction.com reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating www.nodejunction.com's AUP as www.nodejunction.com deems appropriate, without notice.